Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Reverts and Disease

Salaam alaikum,

When I reverted to Islam, my life completely changed. My heart swam in a sea of jasmine and pearls. Suddenly, I forgave all the pain that happened to me at the hands of others. I have an ability to smile and love honestly to those who are close to me.
Because Islam, Ihsan, and Iman I have been able to reach levels of spiritual development unknown to me previously. I experience extreme ecstasy when meditating on the names of Allah. You can too.

A few months back a Hindu friend of mine called me complaining of extreme physical pain behind her ear. She had a head injury that left fluid behind the ear. She asked me if I knew anyone that could help, since the hospital and medicine was not helping. I called up my religion teacher and asked him to call her and help her out. Within 5 minutes of prayer her severe pain disappeared and her ear unblocked. She said it seemed as if cotton had been removed from her ear canal. The pain never returned. Regardless of how it happened or where it went, the fact is that because of prayers out of the Quran ash-Shareef, a Hindu woman was healed of severe pain that almost took her to the hospital. I know many more circumstances similar to that that are all based off of the abundant energy that the Quran gives.

As I mentioned, I am not here to convince anyone to believe in what I believe in, I could really care less. My only hopes are to reform Islam and educate Muslims about the spirituality and the power of the practice. Wherever we find oppression, we truly find it in ourselves. If you believe you are outwardly oppressed, look to your heart and free it from the disease of hatred, envy, fear and other negative attributes that you live in.

We must not always use our emotion in order to determine which action to take. We must follow our heart and if your heart is full of disease you must work to purify it before ever trying to act “righteously” truly you will be of the munafiqun (hypocrites).
One such story goes that the armies of the prophet were at war with the Quraish. One Muslim had his knife at the neck of a Quraishi and the Quraishi said the Shahada and became Muslim. The Muslim fighter cut off his head. When returning after battle, he told the prophet about the situation. Prophet was upset and told him that no one knows what is in the heart of another and never assume that you are doing the right thing especially in regards to taking a life, stealing, etc.

What is happening now has to do with Fatwas, which are rulings by sheikhs about how to act in this day in age. There are many sheikhs who are diseased in their hearts and thus use their egos to determine interpretations of the Quran to justify their egos. Prophet said that at the end of times 70,000 sheikhs, mullahs, ayatollahs will be killed by the Mahdi because of the negative and evil ideology they were spreading. These are the worse of the creation, they take the beautiful words of the Quran al-kareem and turn it into hatred and murder.

Here is what we need to know as westerners about Islamic revivalism. It is based off the oppression of the west on the Muslim world. Muslims just want to be left alone to follow their own laws and to practice their faith.

No comments: